Monday, June 19, 2006

bor-bo-ryg-mus (n.)

"A rumbling sound produced by the movement of gas through the intestines."

See what Cecil has to say about it here.


blog-bo-ryg-mus (n.)

"The name a desperate man comes up with (after trying a half-dozen others, rejected as previously taken) when he thinks too long about the word B-L-O-G and his synapses misfire in just the right way, connecting to one of his favorite words from med school (when all he really wanted to do was post a comment on bleeet's blog)."


The linguists will note that that I did not choose blogborygmi, the plural form. There will be no play-a-day to be had here. Perhaps a malady-a-month? June smells like podagra.

Many thanks to bleeet for posting his comment on my picture. I was deeply moved, man.

Many thanks to Tromvestite for mentioning me in his blog. Twice! Rock on, trombone guy.

Of course I attended bleeet and Mrs. bleeet's shindig yesterday. Lovely house. Lovely lake. Bamboo flooring? Nice! I like the grass in front, too - beats the dirt you had there before by a long shot.

So, at the second party (there's always a second party!) I asked Tromvestite where he worked. You see, I knew what he did...but I couldn't remember if he'd gone to work for the giant nonprofit corporation that ate his previous place of employment or if he'd gone somewhere else.

Gamely, he answered my question, and this led to a stimulating discussion of how we see ourselves: are we best represented by our vocations or our avocations? Good, thought-provoking stuff.

Then I went down the rabbit hole and read Tromvestite's post from 6/13, a full 4 days before, which nicely prophesied our conversation. No fair, man! Preconversing like that is just gonna throw off the witty repartee curve for the rest of us!

So, that's my post. It only took me an hour. And it is very late.

Your tummy has spoken.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...How are the children?

Of course, here I am bringing it up again. And you didn't even ask. Nor are you going to. No, really, we don't plan on having kids for a while. At least, I don't plan on it.

Well, watch my blog for updates.

Die Frau is doing well, thank you.

Have a good night.

Brendon Etter said...

Welcome to the bloge-globe, or blog-glob! MCMD...

I guess that would be 2,400 all tolled...

Now you have to get on my good side and spell my name right in your sidebar.

So, anyway... You must bring the kids to see a 6'7" woman in a negligee...

And looking frickin' hot too, might she add...

Yes, she does add it. Strike the "might" part.

Brendon Etter said...

Anyone not posting for a period of one month or 31 calendar days shall be found guilty of breaking the blawg.

That's it. No trial, no nothing. The right light goes on, the door drops open.

Think about it won't you?

Anonymous said...

I do occasionally check- and yet, no new posts. I heard you accompanied yourself at your Jesse Jane audition- sorry I missed that.

-Kitty